Monday, June 11, 2007

NEW TWIST TO THE FORD STORY

Just a couple of days back Kent's Graham Ford was selected as the Coach of the Indian Cricket Team and was offered a contract for a year.

All was fine. Until now. News has just come in that he has declined the offer! Thank you Mr. Ford. Spare Indian Cricket your ignominy.

Ford said in a website -

I am very grateful to the club for allowing me to go to India to find out more about the job of coaching the Indian team.

I have had a chance to reflect on the offer made by the BCCI and their urgency to fill the vacant position and after careful consideration, I have decided to continue my work here at Kent. This has been a really difficult decision.

I am honoured that India have shown such interest in my capabilities, but feel that this is the right decision for me and my family.

No comments: