Tuesday, January 16, 2007

National Sudoku Championship 2007


I am very happy to have qualified to participate in the National Sudoku Championship 2007 for its Kolkata Regional Round organized by QUIXY and The Times of India. The regional rounds started with a qualifier on Saturday, 13th January. Four puzzles were listed and the readers were to solve these puzzles and send their answers either through email or call up their call center number.

Whereas the first three puzzles were relatively easy, the fourth one was a rather difficult one. With 75 points at stake I had spent more an hour to finally be able to solve it. Or so I thought.

And today in the morning when I received their call confirming my entry I was so happy. In fact my happiness was doubled when they also informed me that I had solved all four puzzles correctly thereby scoring a maximum possible – 160. 160 out of 160 is cool. Does an awful lot to inflate my ego. LOL

Anyways, I am heading for the Science City, Kolkata on next Sunday to participate in the regional final. I would very much like my friends to wish me luck so that I can do well and qualify for the National Championship to be held in Mumbai.

PS: If anyone is interested in solving sudoku puzzles on their computers, please write to me for some cool softwares.

No comments: