Monday, May 28, 2007

Inferior Turbinate Hypertrophy

What on good earth is that?????????????!

Seems like that is what is disturbing me for a while now. I have been complaining about my breathing problems, and now it is official. After work today, I visited a surgeon who found out that this was the problem that was giving me sleepless nights.

From what I understand - the pink lining inside my nose, which is usually a spongy mass has enlarged. It is susceptible to allergy and dust irritation, and those are the culprits in this case.

There are, however, two methods of dealing with this problem. The first is to use medicines - decongestants, antihistamines and nasal steroid sprays and if the condition is severe, one has to go for approach two - surgery. I am fortunate enough not to have a very severe case and hence will remain on medication for the next two weeks.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

the light said...

thanks for your comment on my blog......
will be checking out your blog soon.

Unknown said...

There is a non-operating room way to treat your inferior turbinates..."IRC"..infrared coagulation of the turbinates, done in office under local anesthesia without any problems.See Redfieldcorp.com to see instrument.I have done wello ver 1000 patients and have lectured to Chinese in 2007 on this office procedure, originally invented for hemorrhoids.